Dental Crowns & Bridges
Dental Crowns & Bridges
Benefits Of Crown & Bridge Treatment
Crown and bridge treatment reverses the negative impact of missing teeth in a variety of ways:
- Restores and maintains the natural bite.
- Prevents unnatural stress on other teeth.
- Keeps opposing teeth in their proper place.
- Prevents shifting and tilting of adjacent teeth.
- Discourages further dental decay and periodontal disease.
- Enhances your smile, speech and chewing function.
Usage of ceramic in making dental crowns is a break through in dentistry. Dental Porcelain is a kind of ceramic and is used in fabricating dental crown and bridges. Main advantage is, its white colour which makes it similar to natural tooth.
There are two types of ceramic crowns namely Porcelain Fused to Metal crowns and All Ceramic crowns.
Porcelain fused metal crowns in common terminology called as metal ceramic crowns have a metal shell/core on which, is fused a veneer of porcelain. They were considered as gold standard for repair of damaged teeth and they have ruled dentistry for several decades.
In All Ceramic Crowns,the entire thickness of the crown is made out of porcelain. These type of crowns are also mentioned as Metal free crowns and are most bio-compatible type of crowns.
Signs You Need Crown and Bridge Treatment
Signs a Crown Is Needed
- A cracked tooth without symptoms
- The patient experiences sensitivity to bite pressure and temperature, particularly the cold
- Deep Decay Once the dentist removes the decay, there will not be enough tooth structure left to support a filling.
- The patient has had or needs root canal treatment
- The tooth has a large silver (amalgam) filling that is breaking down
Signs Patients Need a Bridge
- The patient is missing one or more teeth
- The patient has a removable partial denture but wants a more permanent solution
Dental Crowns FAQ's
Porcelain crowns usually last at least 15 years with proper care and maintenance, and it’s not uncommon for crowns to last 20+ years. The porcelain ceramic materials used to build your crown are very durable and similar to your enamel in strength and hardness, so you can expect your crown to last a very long time.
No. During the crown placement process, we will numb your mouth to ensure you don’t feel any discomfort when your tooth is trimmed to make room for your crown. We even offer sedation dentistry to ensure that you feel completely safe and comfortable during your appointment at Leo Dental.
You won’t have any “down time” after your crown is placed. The treatment is non-surgical and does not cause any serious pain or discomfort, so you can get back to your day-to-day routine immediately without having to worry about taking time off work or adjusting your schedule.
Crowns are usually used for restorative dentistry, but can be used as a cosmetic treatment in some cases. For example, a severely misshapen tooth may not be treatable with dental bonding or veneers, and may need to be covered up and capped with a dental crown.
Dental crowns are needed to repair teeth that are too decayed to treat with a filling, and are also used to treat infected teeth after root canals, or to repair a tooth that’s been broken or cracked due to oral trauma. The best way to find out if a dental crown is right for you is to contact Leo Dental for a consultation.
How can we help you?
Contact us at the Consulting WP office nearest to you or submit a business inquiry online.
Get In touch
available from 10:00 – 19:00
Gandhinagar, Pogathota, Nellore
HSR layout, IFB Showroom Complex, Bengaluru